CHES Special Risk Inc. is one of the pre-eminent Insurance Package providers to the Mining and Extraction Industries markets. Our unique offering is to cover the risks that traditional package insurers may miss or provide at inadequate levels. We therefore design our products to provide a specific and tailored policy that gives you realistic cover at the right price.
CONTRACTORS’ PLANT & MACHINERY
We can Insure mobile and static equipment associated with the mining and extraction industries from bulldozers and excavators to generators and pumps and from manual hoists to tower cranes
- All risks form with various limitations and exclusions
- Coverage extension to Include Machinery Breakdown of the items of Plant
- Standard limit of USD20m Each and Every Loss (EEL) provided
- New for Old replacement on items of Plant up to 3 years old,
maybe extended to 5 years
- Full policy limits coverage for Strikes Riots and Civil Commotion as standard
- Machinery at work or rest
- Cost of repair and replacement including extra expenses such as the
cost of dismantling to clean or overhaul and re-erection
- Costs and taxes of freight and transit to and from workshops
- Costs of materials, increased wages and agreed overhead charges, if the repairs are carried out at the insured’s own workshops
- If multiple items are lost or damaged in one occurrence, only one deductible will be charged
- Underground machinery and equipment, subject to certain terms and conditions
- Get your machinery up and running as soon as possible and avoid further damage, we will pay the cost of any provisional repairs as long as they will ultimately form part of the overall repair additional coverages available
- Abandonment coverage due to safety issues is available for mining contractors
- International Risk in Foreign Jurisdictions
- Cover extensions for insured items requiring inland transit
COMPREHENSIVE GENERAL LIABILITY PACKAGE
Comprehensive General Liability insurance for a wide range of businesses
It’s fair to say that if your activity’s interact with the public on a daily basis or their business activities are performed in a public area, they’ll need public liability cover.
Employers’ Benefits liability insurance
As an employer you are responsible for the health and safety of your employees whilst they are at work. Should your employees be injured at work or become ill as a result they may be able to claim compensation. Employer’s liability insurance enables you to meet the cost of compensation awarded to injured employees as well as associated legal costs.
Errors & Omissions indemnity protects against compensation claims There is no limit in Canada as to how much a compensation claim could be. This means a serious case could be in the thousands or even millions. Professional indemnity insurance protects you by covering the cost of a claim for compensation. But even if a court case is unsuccessful, you can also claim back the cost of defense in court, and receive legal advice through-out the process.
Tenants Legal Liability
Tenants Legal Liability (TLL) covers you for legal liability in cases where the tenant causes fire damage to the rented property. If you rent a portion of your facilities and have a fire then the ten-ant legal liability will cover the damages to the area they occupy.
Most insurance policies won’t cover the fixing of faulty workmanship or even the damage that is caused, or even aggravated, by faulty workmanship. Faulty workmanship is manufacturing or installation that is done poorly or incorrectly. This faulty workmanship can show up as a leaky roof, buckling walls, or bad wiring.
Pollution is often viewed as something that happens to “other” companies – the ones who deal in hazardous materials and contaminants. The fact is, most businesses (and even most individuals) could become polluters. Policies written by CHES Special Risk Inc., are extended to include the risk of Sudden and Accidental Pollution.
Property & Installation Coverages
Coverage can include office buildings, and maintenance workshops, as well as any repair facilities, including spare part stores. Transit coverages are also available for the materials coming out of the ground.
Policies can be tailor made to cover physical injury, illness and death for the employees, outside of workers compensation coverages, limits of up to 5 times salary are available in the event of loss of a limb, or even death, and can be extended worldwide to cover jurisdictions outside of North America.
Kidnap & ransom insurance
Again coverage is worldwide and will indemnify the Corporation for expenses paid to secure the release of employees, from kidnappers, coverage is also extended to include therapy following an event, and any death or injury sustained during the ordeal.
Want to know more?
Download our Mining & Extraction Flyer
Fill out your name and email and instantly receive our flyer in your email.
Have an application form to submit?
Go to Submission Page!