Professional Risks, Errors and Omissions (or Miscellaneous) business is, by its very nature, difficult to define. If a company or individual is in the business of selling their knowledge or services then the prospect of a complaint or an allegation of negligence can be very real. Even if such allegations are baseless, it can be a very stressful and costly process to defend. Having an errors and omissions policy provides peace of mind, both for the insured and their clients.
In recent years there has been a marked growth in the number and variety of service industries that would fall into this category. Anyone who offers advice or consultancy is deemed to be a professional. If you are unsure as to whether or not we will consider a risk please contact one of our underwriters.
TARGET CLIENTS INCLUDE:
- Fork Lift Consultants
- Forestry Consultants
- Recruitment Consultants
- Business / Management / Training Consultants
- Social Media Influencers
- Event and Wedding Planners
- Interior Designer (no structural work)
- Funeral Directors
- Property Managers
- Trade Association
- Health & Safety Inspection Service
- Non Destructive Testing
- Shipping & Freight Forwarding Consultants
- Tour Organizers
KEY ASPECTS OF THE COVER
- Limits available up to C$10,000,000
- Defence costs in addition
- Breach of contract
- Rectification cover
- Breach of a professional duty
- Inadvertent transmission of a computer virus
- Dishonesty of employees
- Failure to protect against unauthorised access or use
- Denial of service attack
- Breach of confidentiality and misuse of information
- Infringement of Intellectual Property Rights
- Loss or damage to documents
- Negligent acts, errors, omissions, misstatements or misrepresentation
- Irrecoverable fees
- Duty to defend basis
- Extended reporting periods
- Compensation for court attendance
We can also offer a separate GL section with this wording.
We can offer cyber extension with this wording.
Much of the cyber exposure is included within our main wording,
but our extension will give additional first party cover for:
- Data protection defence costs
- Notification costs following a loss of data
- Public relations and crisis management services
- Cyber business interruption
- System rectification costs
- Data extortion
- Regulatory defence and pentalies
D&O AND EPL EXTENSION
We can also offer an extension for Directors and Officers and Employment Practices Liability
Want to know more?
Download our PROFESSIONAL RISKS ERRORS & OMISSIONS Insurance Flyer
Fill out your name and email and instantly receive our flyer in your email.
Have an application form to submit?
Go to Submission Page!